Sunday, October 18, 2015

Burlap Ribbon Wreath


I fell in love with this wreath when I discovered it on Stonegable's blog last year, and finally got around to making it for fall this year.


It is so simple to make and can be used year round by just changing the embellishments added to the burlap wreath base.

Materials Needed:
  • Wire wreath form (three slat type)
  • Burlap ribbon (20 yards of 4" wide)
  • Fall embellisments
  • Wire to assemble embellishments on wreath

First start by folding your burlap ribbon in thirds and weaving through the wire form.


Pull a loop up throuth each gap in the wire wreath form, and I like to do either 3" or 4" loops.  

It helps tremendously when Chance, our laborador retriever, helps with the assembling.

After each row of three loops, twist the burlap two times and then weave the loops going the opposite direction.  Continue to weave the loops back and forth and make as full or loose as you would like, depending on how full you want for the final look.


The more full you want your wreath, the more burlap material you will need.  Make sure to plan ahead, as I initially started to pack the loop rows tightly for a fuller look and I ran out of burlap. Since I had purchased my ribbon last year, I could not go back and buy more ribbon, so I had to undo all my loops and start over.  My final wreath used two 10-yard spools of 4" ribbon. 

Tuck the end of the ribbon inside the wire form, and secure with wire. After you're done, twist each loop until you get the desired messy look and to cover any wire wreath form that is showing through loop gaps.



I adhered seasonal embellishments with wire (I used pine cones, leaves and fall berries).  That way, you can easily change out these additional decorations for each holiday or season. 



 Happy Fall!


No comments:

Post a Comment