Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Mardi Gras dinner at Home

I hosted my first Mardi Gras (Fat Tuesday in french) dinner party at home and had fun preparing these simple southern recipes with a New Orleans theme.


King Cake is a traditional dessert for Mardi Gras and I found this simple recipe variation that is quick and easy with pre-made Pillsbury cinnamon rolls (or you can make your own cinnamon rolls from scratch).  Most King Cake recipes require baker's yeast which I try to avoid because I always seem to be in a hurry.


 Traditional Mardi Gras colors are purple (justice), yellow (power) and green (faith), so I sprinkled the King Cake with these colored sugars and found roses died in the same trio of colors available seasonally from Fifty Flowers shipped from Texas.

 
I found last minute decorations at Party City which complemented the meal.


Our New Orlean's sytle MENU:

 


Lent is a spiritual time for our family by giving up something I/we love for lent in order to focus more on being thankful for all of God's provisions.  So this festive Fat Tuesday dinner marks the eve of a short 40-day sacrifice in light of God's bounty to us each day.


No comments:

Post a Comment