Sunday, September 6, 2015

Homemade Dill Pickles


I usually have a good harvest of cucumbers in my garden, and this year was no exception.  However, numerous cucumbers ripen all at once and you can only eat so many fresh cucumbers in salads.  So, I have been looking for a good dill pickle recipe and found it here on Stonegable's blog.

As is the case for most every recipe I use from Stonegable's blog, this recipe was amazing! I have never made pickles from my cucumbers before and these tasted as good as (if not better than) store bought Klaussen refrigerated dill pickles. 


Ingredients (My slight variation on Stonegable's Easy Garlic Refrigerator Dill Pickle recipe)

Cucumbers
Garlic cloves (keep whole)
Peppercorns
Dill seed
Fresh dill herbs
Vinegar
Water
Pickling salt (available in most stores where canning jars are sold)





















No comments:

Post a Comment